Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Winding Down in Montreat

We are winding things up here in Montreat.  This is always sad.  I have been cleaning the cottage and getting it ready for my brother-in-law and his family.  Mac went down to the Potter's Wheel to unload his pieces from the kiln and had to wait for the second kiln to cool down.  While waiting, he helped instruct in throwing on the wheel.  I am glad he can help someone else throw since he has not been able to help me!!  He says I have the hands of a "logger"!  Mac made two small chimineas that you could put a candle in and either have on a screened porch, on a table on your deck or wherever you would like to put it.  After I decide how to glaze them, I will try and post a picture when they are ready.  They will have to get home with us, be glazed and fired, so that could potentially be a week before they are finished.

We went to the Huckleberry last night for ice cream - my favorite thing to do in Montreat.  If you are wondering, the Huckleberry is a grill here in Montreat that also serves ice cream.  Everybody just loves the "Huck" as we call it.  Anyway, tonight we will go over to Givens, where my father-in-law lives, and have dinner with him there. Givens is a very nice retirement community in Asheville that he moved to last fall.  

I am in the Inn with Tyler using the internet.  There are small groups all around us from the youth conference that is here.  One group is talking about Job and the one behind me is talking about why do bad things happen to good people.  I just wonder if the kids are listening or what is going on in their minds.

It is sunny with clouds, maybe a chance of rain later.  There is a breeze, but the humidity is still high.  I am under a ceiling fan and it is very comfortable.  If I was in one of the small groups, I would be dozing because it is so comfortable.  

I will be heading over to the Potter's Wheel in a little while to just sit on the porch and enjoy all of the creativity that is going on.  This really is a piece of heaven on earth!!!  

Until the next time -

The Potter's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment