Sunday, July 18, 2010

Chiminea Pictures

Right now we are in Blowing Rock for the night.  We went and picked up our pottery from Lees-McRae.  They seemed to have had a good show and we sold a fair amount of pottery.  

Tomorrow we will service our booth at Artwalk and the chimineas will be a new item there - Nancy - we will make you another one!!!

We will have to hit the studio running when we get back.  I have pigs to put together and glazes to make so we can fill the orders that have come in.

Below are images of the two chimineas we made in Montreat and glazed at home.
 
The glaze on the chiminea on the left is Lavender Delight, and the one on the right is Craggy Gardens.  The left one is on our screened porch and the other one is on the counter behind my sink.  You could also put them outside.  Keep in mind, when you have a lit candle in them, the chimney part gets very hot.  The candle in these was not lit long, but the chimney started getting hot very quickly.

Okay, Mac, Izzy, and I are outside in a swing enjoying the cool night air here in Blowing Rock.  We had a nice dinner (Mac, Marsh, and I - Izzy had to stay in the room) at Six Pence Pub.  We always enjoy the food there and the service is excellent.  We also had for dessert - The Ultimate Chocolate Cake!!!!  This is the best!!!!  If you like chocolate - and we do - it is worth the trip just for the dessert. Their French Onion Soup is wonderful, also.  

Time to sign off.  Hope to be back this week with some cooking/recipes in our pottery to show you just how functional it is.

Until next time,

The Potter's Wife :)

2 comments:

  1. I like that. Wish I had gone to Blowing Rock with you, have never been there. Must go find some chocolate to eat. Sure do miss you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next year we'll have to make a trip to Blowing Rock. I LOVE the chimneas!!!! I want to give them as Christmas gifts so make a lot and I LOVE green. Tell Mac and Marsh hello for me and I REALLY miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete