Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Dog Days of Summer



Thanks to Pam (who cut my hair today - she is the best) for the headliner of today's post!  

It has really been hot and as you can see, Izzy has been enjoying the pool along with all of us.  We have been working in the mornings because the studio/garage is just too hot in the afternoon.  I mixed the chemicals for two glazes this morning and thought I was going to melt.  I have to wear a mask because of the dust from the chemicals, latex gloves to keep it off my hands, and then I had on my apron (you have not seen this one - I made it last year just for the pottery), so I was (as us Southerners would say) glistening - basically just plain ole sweating!!  I then had to put all the parts on four pigs and do a special vase (I cannot tell anymore than that, because it is a surprise that someone ordered!!) which I carved on.  By the time I was finished, I could have jumped in the pool straight from the shop.  I did wait until I had eaten and had given my stomach time to digest before getting in.

I really cannot believe how hot it has been this summer.  Our oldest, Tyler, is still in Montreat working and he told me this afternoon that it is still very hot up there. I am very thankful for air-conditioning.  

Tonight we went to church for the first time in a few weeks.  It was good to see our friends, Wayne and Nancy, and Tim and Elisa.  I also got to have a few minutes to chat with my friend, Barbara.  I usually work in the youth on Wednesday nights, but we are not having small groups this summer, so I will not be doing that until the fall.  

Not really much to talk about.  The kiln is running a bisque load right now, so Mac will be glazing in the next couple of days.  Tomorrow night I am having two dinner guests joining us.  They are two of my good friends, Susan and Sheila - that is right, there will be two Sheila's at our dinner table.  I cannot wait. It will be a Girl's Night, although Mac and Marsh will be here.  I am sure they will make themselves scarce, because there will be a lot of girl talk going on!

Until next time -

The Potter's Wife:)
  


1 comment:

  1. Izzy looks so cute. It's been hot here and we get a summer shower every afternoon about 3, which is welcome. I'm wrapping up loose ends and getting ready for the trip to CA. I plan to post on my blog along the way. Oh, and I'm ordering the Ikea furniture for my sewing room today.

    ReplyDelete