Friday, July 16, 2010

Back in the Real World

We are back home.  What more can I say.  We have just gotten an order off of the website and the Montreat Bookstore has given us another order.  We are very happy to have these orders, but that means back to the potter's wheel and I am back to my slab roller!!!  Our studio is our garage and no it is not air-conditioned.  So, we try and do as much as we can in the mornings because of the heat.  The first thing we had to do was to glaze a load. That will be coming out soon and I have a piece I have to deliver.  Remember the chimineas???  Well they are in the kiln waiting to come out.  Hopefully, the next post will show pictures of how they turned out.  It is like waiting to open your Christmas present!!!

Just because I am married to a potter does not mean I do nothing else.  Right now I am getting ready to do everyone's favorite activity - grocery shop!!  Right.  Anyway, that is part of my day today and we are having a dinner guest tonight, so I need to get in gear and get out of the house.  

My brother-in-law and his family should be moving into the cottage in Montreat and we left them a note about the "bat siting".  Just thought they would need a little excitement.

Hope everyone is still staying cool.  Maybe we will get some rain today.  

Until the next post  - hopefully with pottery pictures,

The Potter's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment