Thursday, July 8, 2010

There is a Heat Wave in Montreat


We are melting here in Montreat!!!  I know it is like that every where else too.  
We do not remember it being this hot here in a very long time.  Thankfully, it cooled off last night, but today is another hot one.

We had a little excitement this morning at our cottage.  I was up and getting ready (at 5 am- it is a habit) and I start to open the bathroom door when Mac yells "Don't open that door!!"  Long story short, a bat had gotten into the house and he was trying to get it out.  See the cottage is a summer cottage and not winterized, so sometimes these things happen.  We have not had a bat in a long time.  I am just grateful that it did not decide to take flight when I got up and headed to the bathroom or that it did not fly into the bathroom when I went in and shut the door.  Needless to say,  I would have woken up everyone on that end of North Carolina Terrace!!!

Tuesday night we went out to eat mexican in Black Mountain.  We went to Ole's Guacamoles, our very favorite place.  If you like mexican food, this is the place.  It is AUTHENTIC!!!!!   They have just moved into their new location on 70, (actually I think they call it State Street).  Anyway, it is the old Olympic Flame building.  They have a lot more seating than before and they still have their outdoor seating.  You really need to go and eat there when you are in this area because you will not be let down.  Not only is their food excellent, but their staff is the best!!  

I have been sewing an apron with pink pigs on a black background - very cute - with pink gingham accent straps and pocket.  My friends Nancy and Alice have been helping me.  Once it is finished I will post a picture. 

We are winding down our stay here.  Mac has 2 days left as potter in residence and we go tomorrow to set up our Lees-McRae show.  It always gets a little sad to have to say good-bye to our friends we see each summer, but it will not be long and we will all go back to our respective homes.  Thank goodness for computers, email, and Facebook - what did we do without them.  I know we did not have to walk to Assembly Inn with our computers and log onto the internet. 

The picture above is Mac working on the wheel on the porch of the Potter's Wheel.  This picture was taken by my friend Nancy.  Thanks Nancy, I will miss you when you go home.

Until tomorrow - hopefully,

The Potter's Wife




1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed watching Mac create beauty out of a lump of clay.

    ReplyDelete