Saturday, July 31, 2010

Back to School Shopping

Well, we did our back to school shopping.  This is the last actual "school" shopping with my children since Marsh is a senior this year.  Walking through Staples, I walked by the bins with all of the pencils, pencil pockets, crayons, markers, erasers, etc.  All the things we had to get when they were in the lower grades.  To think this chapter of my life has come to a close, is very sad.  I remember the Augusts where we would head to Staples, Wal-Mart or whatever store had what we needed with our lists from school in hand.  This time, Marsh had his own list in hand and we went our separate ways in the store.  He to find what he needed and me to find the things I needed for Palm Tree.  

While out shopping we ran into some of our friends - the Welborns, Meredith, Whitney, and Kylie.  They were in Omega Sports.  Whitney is a senior this year and I had Kylie in kindergarten.  She is going to be a freshman in high school!!!  Where did the time go.  She is also taller than me (although it does not take much to be taller than me - so they say).   We ran into Kissie Stroup in Staples.   We talked about the kids growing up and she told me I could take her two youngest school shopping to easy my pain. 

On other matters, the chicken cookers are still drying.  Hopefully they will go into the first firing by tomorrow.  This is a slow process.  

Tyler is coming home from Montreat tomorrow - YEAH!!! He will be bringing the tiles I made in the class on Monday.  I will be glazing them when Mac glazes this week.  I bought my grout from Lowe's yesterday, so when they are glazed, I will be ready to put my mirror together.

Looks like today is going to a very cloudy day and we are getting a break from the heat.  Hope everyone has a great weekend.  

The Potter's Wife :)

No comments:

Post a Comment