Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Another Weekend in Montreat

We just got back from another weekend in Montreat.  It was still unbearably hot, but we did at least have some rain.  We had to deliver an order to the bookstore and it gave us  a reason to go.

We spent time with Mac's Dad, which is always fun.  He lives at Givens Estate, which is a very nice retirement community in Asheville.  We had dinner with him on Saturday night and he came over and went to church with us on Sunday morning, had lunch with us at the Inn and then went back.  We surprised him by going over on Sunday night to visit him.  Mac, Tyler, and Marsh played pool while Elliott, Izzy and I watched. 

We enjoyed spending time with Tyler since he had Sunday and Monday off.  He is in his last week of work at the Inn.  He will work next Sunday and then head back home. 

While we were in Montreat, I did something that I do not usually do and that was to take two classes on Monday at the Pottery.  I took the tiled mirror class on Monday morning with Mary Moore.  We had a great time.  Of course, I left my camera at the house!!!  We made clay tiles that will be bisque fired this week.  The rest of the class will hand paint glaze on their tiles on Thursday.  After being fired Thursday night, they will meet on Friday to put the mirror together with the tiles.  Tyler is going to pick my tiles up along with the board and mirror that I will need to complete my project.  I will glaze my tiles here in our studio and fire them in our kiln since I am not there.

The other class I took was hand building an owl out of raku clay with Mary Kathryn. I made two and hopefully they will raku fire them this Thursday so Tyler can bring them home to me on Sunday.  Anne Stone is going to glaze them for me.  I really appreciate it.  When I get everything back, I will take pictures and post on a future blog.

Today has been very cloudy and off and on raining.  We have really been busy and the heat had drained us.  We have just been taking it easy today, but tomorrow it is back to the real world - paying bills, washing clothes, - you get the picture.  

Take care, until the next post.

The Potter's Wife :)

No comments:

Post a Comment