Friday, September 3, 2010

A Relaxing Place

Before school started, we took our last vacation at one of my favorite places, Atlantic Beach, NC.  We stay at this great place called The Atlantis Lodge.  We have been staying there for at least 15 years.  It is on the ocean and they furnish lounge chairs and umbrellas on the beach.  They even have an attendant who will put them out for you.  The best part is that they are pet friendly and Izzy can go with us.  

The Atlantis is family owned and they know us when I call to schedule time there and when we walk in the door.  It is like coming home.  We even stay in the same room, so we really feel like we are at home. 

One of my favorite times is early in the morning before anyone else is up.  I make my coffee and take a cup out on our deck.  I read my devotions to the sound of the ocean.  There is just something about the sound of the ocean that is soothing to the soul.  Here are some photos so you can enjoy the view also.   




Some of our favorite places to eat at the beach are The Clamdigger, The Crab Shack in Salter Path and we found a new place (to us) in Morehead City, The Ruddy Duck.  

To end this post, I am going to share some pictures of the Atlantis and the beach. 



The picture on the top is looking from our deck.  The picture on the bottom is the section we stay in.  We stay in the middle room on the top floor.



The top picture is looking from my lounge chair back to the Atlantis.  The picture on the bottom is looking out to the ocean.  



And last, but not least, Miss Izzy resting in the room.  She loves the beach, but has to stay in during the middle of the day.  

Until the next time ...

The Potter's Wife :)

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful place to stay. I think Claire and I need to make a trip here next summer.

    ReplyDelete