Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sorry For the Delay

I have been very delinquent in my blogging.  Since the last post we have done quite a bit.  We took our last summer vacation, school started - for Marsh, our senior in high school, Tyler starts next week - and we added a new store through Wholesalecrafts.  The store is in Holland, Michigan and it is the Thistle Gallery.  

We have been very busy or shall I say Mac has been very busy in the pottery shop building back the inventory.  It will not be long before I am back out there because soon there will be pieces needing handles and I also need to make some trays to put back on our shelves.  

A few blogs ago, I started showing you the process of a chicken cooker being made.  On that blog, Mac had made the cooker and I had attached the handles.  Here is a picture of what they look like after the first or bisque firing.



Here they are after they have been glazed fired and ready to come out of the kiln. Sorry, I was busy when he was glazing and forgot to get a picture of that part of the process.



On the next post, I will show you the chicken that I cooked on one in the oven.  I will also tell you the ingredients I used in cooking it.

I hope everyone has had a great summer.  It is always sad when it comes to a close, but I do love the fall and winter.  It is hard to decide which season I like the best because there is something I like about all of the four seasons.  

Until the next post - I promise it will not be as long as it was this time.

The Potter's Wife :)


No comments:

Post a Comment