Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Just Another Day

Here at home things are winding down from summer heading into my children going back to school.  In the pottery shop we are trying to re-stock our shelves.   Even though we are still in high 90's in temperatures, we are starting to think about the fall and the shows we will be doing.  It is better to make the pottery now and have it fired the first time and have on the shelves to just pull and glaze for orders that come in, for the shows we will be doing, and also for the stores we sell out of.

For those who do not know, here are the stores that sell our pottery:  The Montreat Bookstore in Montreat, NC;  The Weaving Room in Crossnore, NC; Artwalk in Boone, NC; The Corner of Art and Function in Chardon, Ohio; Cornerstone Rustic Gallery in Elizabethtown, New York; and last but definitely not least - High Point Jewelers and Fine Gifts right here in High Point, NC.  We actually took some pottery to them today.  If you have not been into their store, you need to go.  They are located at 800 North Main Street.  Joe Hubay is the owner and his assistant is Bobbie.  We just love them both.  They both worked at Perkinson's Jewelers until it closed last year.  Joe has done a wonderful job with his store and I know you will find it to be the best jewelry store around.  We do not just love the store because they sell our pottery, but we love the whole store.  They have great gift ideas in all price ranges as well as jewelry.  I bought my niece's and nephew's graduation gifts there and not only was I pleased, but they both loved their gifts.  
Can you tell I like this store?!

Okay, back to earth.  If you are in any the above locations, please stop in and see our pottery. 

The last few days I feel like I have run my washing machine and dishwasher continuously.  No, that does not have anything to do with making pottery, but it has all to do with having a child come home after being gone for almost three months - no he did not save everything, but he did bring some laundry home.  Oh, the joys of being a mother - I would not have it any other way because they will not always be here - I love having my children home.  I am the mother who always liked when there were days off from school and mostly summer because my kids were at home.  I do not like when school starts back.:(

Until the next post . . .

The Potter's Wife :)

No comments:

Post a Comment