Monday, July 12, 2010

We Have Been Busy

Okay, sorry I have missed a few days, but will fill you in on what has been going on.

We set up our pottery at Lees-McRae for the Craft Show for Frolic Week.  If you are in Banner Elk or that area, please stop in for their craft show.  Everything that we sell there, a part of the cost goes to the college. 

I finished my apron on Friday morning and have used it everyday since.  I just love it!!  Here are a few pictures of the finished product.












This picture is of Mac, myself, and friends of ours on the porch at the Potter's Wheel.

Since then we have had our friends Alice and Nancy for dinner on Friday night along with two friends of our oldest, Tyler.  Saturday night we had a pot luck with the staff from the Potter's Wheel at Will and Ann's.  What a great time we had with everyone there!! 

Sunday was a sad day as my buddies and cohorts in crime, Alice and Nancy headed back home.  We went to the Auditorium for church and then to the Inn for lunch.  Tyler did not have to work and his friends were still here, so that helped to make the day much better.  

Sunday night we had Ann and Marilyn for dinner along with my father-in-law and my sister-in-law.  We had a great time just talking around the dinner table until everyone was ready to go home and go to bed!!!  

All in all, we have been having dinner guests, potlucks and just having a great time.  Today, Mac does not have to be at the Potter's Wheel, but is there anyway to load some of his pieces in the kiln so we can transport them home to glaze there.  While he was there I think they put him to work!  So, I am at the Inn using the internet and I have to go back to the house to meet the guys from Lowe's Hardware to install a new refrigerator in my father-in-law's house.  The next few days will consist of cleaning the houses getting them ready for my brother-in-law and his family and then back to our home and making pottery to restock our shelves. 

Hope everyone is staying cool.  It is overcast here today and they are saying rain for this week.  It is still a little humid, but nothing like what it has been.  

I am off to make sure the refrigerator gets here.

Until - maybe - tomorrow - I will try.

The Potter's Wife

1 comment: