Monday, August 23, 2010

Cooking on the Chicken Cooker

Finally I am going to show you how I cooked a whole chicken on the chicken cooker. 

First, I filled the center cup about 2/3rd's full with white wine.  Then I mixed some Polaner's Seedless Raspberry All Fruit with some Jack Daniels Original Barbecue sauce and added it to the white wine in the cup.  (Sorry, I did not get a picture of the liquids in the cup)

Next I rinsed and patted the chicken dry and then rubbed the entire chicken (inside and out) with Emeril's All Natural Chicken Rub.  

I placed the chicken cavity over the filled center cup of the cooker with the legs pointing down and pulled forward.  I then tucked the wing tips behind the chicken's back (as best as I could). 



Then I placed it in a preheated 350 degree oven.



And I cooked it for 1 1/2 hours.



This is the finished chicken.  It was very moist and delicious.  Above all, it was very easy and did not take alot of my time.  

You may use any combination of liquids, sauces, and rub you would like.  The above is just what I had on hand.  The next time, I am going to baste some of the fruit/barbeque sauce on the chicken along with the rub.  

Until next time.

The Potter's Wife :)


This post linked to Tasty Tuesday at beautyandbedlam.com

1 comment:

  1. Yum, looks delicious. I think I need a chicken cooker!!!

    ReplyDelete